Kathy Bostjancic Chief Economist
Kathy Bostjancic is Senior Vice President and Chief Economist for Nationwide Mutual. Kathy leads a team of economic analysts delivering economic forecasts and analyses that are used to inform and strengthen the organization’s business strategies and operating plans.
Prior to joining Nationwide, Kathy served as chief U.S. economist at Oxford Economics where she was responsible for assessing and forecasting the U.S. macroeconomic environment including Federal Reserve’s monetary policy, and its impact on industries and financial markets. Kathy served in similar roles at The Conference Board, Merrill Lynch, Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS), and Citicorp Investment Bank where she provided analyses on both U.S. and global macroeconomic topics, including international capital and foreign exchange markets, housing markets, U.S. consumer research, and global inflation and labor markets.
Kathy is a noted economic expert who holds a master’s degree in economics from New York University and a bachelor’s in economics from Rutgers University. She is a is a frequent speaker to media and industry groups on the economic outlook, monetary policy, macroeconomics and financial markets.
Articles by this Author
- Job gains still strong, but labor supply and wage trends should be encouraging for the Fed: Weekly Economic Review & Outlook
- Flow of positive data continues: Weekly Economic Review & Outlook
- Podcast: What type of landing is likely and what’s could be the market impact?
- The economy remains hot, likely too hot for the Fed
- Strong consumer spending adds to inflationary pressures: Weekly Economic Review & Outlook
- Podcast: Outlook for the Housing Market
- Indicators suggest economy is still running hot: Weekly Economic Review & Outlook
- Podcast: Inflation’s impact on corporate earnings
- Labor market is too hot for the economy’s own good
- High-frequency data show little slack for labor: Weekly Economic Review & Outlook
- Podcast: Washington and the Economy
- Stunningly strong job gains are too hot for the Fed: Weekly Economic Review & Outlook
- Podcast: Labor market too hot to handle
- Job market remains resilient as activity weakens across the economy
- GDP details show waning momentum for 2023: Weekly Economic Review & Outlook
- Podcast: GDP growth ended 2022 with an unhealthy mix
- Podcast: Inflation Update – How consumers could drive the economy in 2023
- Slower momentum heading into 2023
- Podcast: Inflation Update – Are we out of the woods?